When I first launched the Unresolved Life podcast I started by reading a piece of poetry out loud depending on the theme of the podcast, however, as the podcast grew, things shifted and I stopped doing it.
Why? Was there something wrong with the work? Not at all, I believe in regards to my poetry and writings I do my best to produce quality work. In fact, I have plans to turn that work into its own podcast, but more on that later.
So what happened? Frankly, I didn’t feel led to continue this practice. As it happened, God was giving us lots of interview opportunities, and so we began to focus on them.
So aside from changing up the format of Unresolved, here were some of my next steps in its launch.
How I have grown Unresolved.Life
1. I set up a Facebook page and Twitter. Now admittedly these pages are not getting as much traction as I would like, but the point is I have a place to start from.
2. I found some Facebook groups in my niche and began participating in them. This one factor alone has helped grow my audience.
3. I also began to reach out to future guests as I heard about them and every time I released a new episode, I shared it with the guest. Some guests pulled in more traffic than others, but regardless, all of this combined began a slow build of the podcast.
4. I listened to other podcasts in the market and would reach out to the guests who appeared on the show. The thinking behind this? If they were willing to go on so and so’s podcast perhaps they would be willing to come on to mine.
5. The final thing I did to grow the podcast was to stop producing all the content myself. I asked others who might be interested in writing for the site and to my shock, some chose to come on board. I can think of one person who has been writing for about a year now and each time his content is awesome.
There is more of course but these are just a few of the things I did to get the site and podcast off the ground. I am not done by any means but it all starts with a beginning right?
What About You
What about you? What are your next steps? Can you outline them and begin to put them in to place one by one?
I would suggest you read this post again, see what I have done and ask yourself, “can I do something similar in my ministry or niche?”
My hope is as Unresolved grows it will also spark further ideas on how to reach more people. I of course, have more ideas but they will require more testing and planning.
I hope you got something out of this. Please comment below. If the article was helpful, please share it.
To your success,